"Weekends are for brunching."
Don't get me wrong, I love going to brunch on the weekends, but sometimes I'd much rather stay home and relax in my pajamas than get dressed and wait in line for 30 mins for a table. This is one of my go-to recipes for a yummy (and guilt-free) Saturday morning brunch!
Below is the recipe for flaxseed, low-carb, pancakes!
- 2 large eggs
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 tbsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup almond flour
- 1/4 cup milled flax seed
- 1/4 bulk sugar substitute - I use splenda
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/8 tsp salt
- Mix all ingredients in a bowl until well blended.
- Grease griddle or large skillet and heat on medium.
- Once heated, pour batter onto hot griddle -- approximately 4 inch size cake -- and heat for 3 to 4 minutes, then flip on other side for another minute.
- To serve, top with whipped cream and fresh berries.
*Time on each size varies depending on how hot the pan is.