The best way to take in the North Carolinian heat is to stand in the sun and grill right?! Haha, regardless of the heat, I am loving the fact that I now have a grill to whip up some of my summer favorites. After a weekend of way overindulging – I’m talking wine, fried food, dessert, donuts, etc! – I wanted to get back on track this week by eating low carb. I must say, low-carbing it is way easier in the summer with all of the fresh veggies and seafood! After so many questions about the recipe I used for my dinner last night, I decided to put it on the blog.
See below for Grilled Lemon Garlic Shrimp over Caesar Salad…
- ½ lb fresh shrimp, peeled and deveined
- ½ of a medium-sized lemon
- ½ of a medium-sized sweet onion
- 1 garlic clove, diced
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1 tsp parsley
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- Salt & Pepper
- Romaine Lettuce
- Fresh Asiago Cheese
- Sliced Grape Tomatoes
- Sliced Cucumber
- Marie’s Caesar Dressing
- Set aside one sheet of tinfoil, lightly greased. The sheet should be large enough for all of the shrimp to be sealed in a packet.
- Dice 1 garlic clove. Set aside.
- Thinly slice ½ of sweet onion. Set aside.
- In a small bowl, combine fresh shrimp with olive oil, squeezed lemon, diced garlic, sweet onion, paprika, parsley, salt, and pepper.
- Let flavors set while you prepare salad.
- To prepare salad, slice grape tomatoes in half and slice cucumber – for salads, I prefer slicing down into quarters.
- Chop romaine. *I recently heard a tip for chopping romaine – after cutting off the core, hold the lettuce head lengthwise and cut horizontally down the veins. Then, cut from the outer leaves inward vertically.
- Next, combine tomatoes, cucumbers and romaine in bowl.
- Set aside in fridge while you grill the shrimp.
- Pour shrimp mixture onto greased tinfoil sheet. *To keep the oil from spilling out, be sure to fold up the sides of the tinfoil.
- Place on medium-heat for 8 minutes (or until shrimp is cooked through, depends on size of the shrimp). *Be sure to turn shrimp after 3-4mins.
- Remove shrimp from grill and let simmer 3-5 minutes.
- While simmering, toss salad with with Caesar dressing. (Dress to your pleasing, I personally like heavy on the dressing)
- Top it off with fresh Asiago cheese.
- Serve simmered shrimp over tossed Caeasr salad. *The onions are meant to provide flavoring, however I tossed them into the salad.