The best way to take in the North Carolinian heat is to stand in the sun and grill right?! Haha, regardless of the heat, I am loving the fact that I now have a grill to whip up some of my summer favorites. After a weekend of way overindulging – I’m talking wine, fried food, dessert, donuts, etc! – I wanted to get back on track this week by eating low carb. I must say, low-carbing it is way easier in the summer with all of the fresh veggies and seafood! After so many questions about the recipe I used for my dinner last night, I decided to put it on the blog.
See below for Grilled Lemon Garlic Shrimp over Caesar Salad…
Ingredients for Shrimp:
- ½ lb fresh shrimp, peeled and deveined
- ½ of a medium-sized lemon
- ½ of a medium-sized sweet onion
- 1 garlic clove, diced
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1 tsp parsley
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- Salt & Pepper
Ingredients for Caesar Salad:
- Romaine Lettuce
- Fresh Asiago Cheese
- Sliced Grape Tomatoes
- Sliced Cucumber
- Marie’s Caesar Dressing
1. Set aside one sheet of tinfoil, lightly greased. The sheet should be large enough for all of the shrimp to be sealed in a packet.
2. Dice 1 garlic clove. Set aside.
3. Thinly slice ½ of sweet onion. Set aside.
4. In a small bowl, combine fresh shrimp with olive oil, squeezed lemon, diced garlic, sweet onion, paprika, parsley, salt, and pepper.
5. Let flavors set while you prepare salad.
6. To prepare salad, slice grape tomatoes in half and slice cucumber – for salads, I prefer slicing down into quarters.
7. Chop romaine. *I recently heard a tip for chopping romaine – after cutting off the core, hold the lettuce head lengthwise and cut horizontally down the veins. Then, cut from the outer leaves inward vertically.
8. Next, combine tomatoes, cucumbers and romaine in bowl.
9. Set aside in fridge while you grill the shrimp.
10. Pour shrimp mixture onto greased tinfoil sheet. *To keep the oil from spilling out, be sure to fold up the sides of the tinfoil.
11. Place on medium-heat for 8 minutes (or until shrimp is cooked through, depends on size of the shrimp). *Be sure to turn shrimp after 3-4mins.
12. Remove shrimp from grill and let simmer 3-5 minutes.
13. While simmering, toss salad with with Caesar dressing. (Dress to your pleasing, I personally like heavy on the dressing.)
14. Top it off with fresh Asiago cheese.
15. Serve simmered shrimp over tossed Caesar salad. *The onions are meant to provide flavoring, however I tossed them into the salad.
I hope you enjoy! & don't forget to click "Share" below to share on Facebook, Instagram or Twitter!